Site Selection and Build Committee
To join this committee, construction and/or real estate experience is helpful but not necessary. Members should be interested in affordable housing and liaise with resources to:
- identify property for builds that are available and acquire the land;
- develop house plans that fit Habitat’s simple and affordable mandate;
- secure construction materials via donations, purchase and gifts in kind from Habitat Canada sponsors;
- help the volunteer committee secure resources for each build and ensure safety training is delivered;
- develop a home construction schedule and coordinate tradespersons and volunteers to build to the schedule; and
- oversee the necessary permits and inspections for each home, and assemble warranty package for families.