Ways to Help or Get Involved
Habitat for Humanity is making a difference – one house, one family and one volunteer at a time. You can volunteer on an individual, group or corporate level, whether you lend your time and talents, rally your class, church, workplace or special interest group. Your support makes it possible for us to build simple, affordable homes for Fredericton area families in need.
- Volunteer during a Build:
Come out for the day to hammer, paint, prepare meals, etc.
Be a Crew Leader: Working under a Construction Manger, lead groups of 5-10 unskilled volunteers by familiarizing them with the tools and steps necessary to complete a project. Construction experience is an asset but not required. Most importantly, you must have patience and have the ability to lead others.
Be a Site Host: Orient volunteers to the site, have them sign-in and collect safety waivers, pick-up and set-out supplies for coffee breaks and lunch, and ensure the site is adequately supplied.
- Help out during our fundraising events.
- Rally your school class or special interest group to participate in our builds.
- Encourage your workplace to participate in casual dress-down days to raise money and/or to purchase a unique teambuilding day on the build site.
- Donate your time at the ReStore. Volunteers are always needed as helpers, cashiers, sales assistant and in the storeroom. Contact the ReStore at 462-4881 for further information.
- Join our year-round committees: Site Selection and Build, Public Relations, Family Selection, Volunteer and Corporate Partnerships, and Faith Relations.
- Engage your church by making a cash donation, gather members of your congregation to help construct during a build day, provide or prepare meals and snacks, or invite a Habitat representative to speak at your church about our mission.
- Make a tax-deductible gift of money, land and/or a home.